Certified School Risk Managers Designation Program
The Certified School Risk Managers Program (CSRM) will provide you with the in-depth knowledge of the risk management process and terminology based on the philosophy and theory of school risk management. The CSRM curriculum and national designation are provided by The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. There are five 8-hour courses required for CSRM designation. The benefits of the CSRM Designation include:
- Skill in identifying potential sources of loss
- Trust and credibility within the school system
- Ability to maintain budget integrity in tough economic times
- Opportunity to network with other school business officials about risk management
WASBO is thrilled to bring this opportunity to Wisconsin school district professionals employed as risk managers, employee benefits or safety coordinators, and administrative or other positions that oversee the risk management function. Service Affiliates who work with school risk managers are also encouraged to attend.
See the Certified School Risk Managers Program Brochure
REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR UPCOMING WASBO CSRM COURSES:
The Exam - Step-By-Step
Visit the www.scic.com website and sign in to your account. After logging in, you will be taken to your account’s homepage.
- Click on Launch Learning Portal (top right portion of the screen). You are now entering the Learning Portal.
- Click on the Learning Center (orange) box in the middle of the page and locate your current course in your course list. Click Launch.
- Find the exam item in the table of contents and open the exam page and follow the prompts on screen.
- Complete the exam!
Exam Tips and Notes
- Question responses will save automatically when the test-taker goes to the next page.
- Exam-takers should plan for a quiet environment without distractions.
- No notebooks, study materials, or cell phones are allowed during the exam.
- You may have a blank sheet of scratch paper and a simple function calculator during the exam. The sheet of paper needs to be destroyed after testing and no programmable or financial calculators are allowed.
- Leaving the exam room is not allowed, except to use the restrooms. No cell phones or other materials may be taken with the student when they leave the room.
- The proctor must be in the room during the exam and remain in a location where they can see the participant's screen.
- The digital exam has a time clock to help the proctor enforce the time limit. All exams will auto submit after time expires. Participants finishing the exam before time has expired are permitted to submit their exam.
- Be sure to review your answers on all exam pages before submitting your exam.
UPDATE CREDIT REQUIREMENTS
The National Alliance requires each individual holding the CSRM designation to attend one of the courses specified in its entirety every 12 months. (The update or 12-month period is determined by the CSRM designee's birth month.) These courses include: