About the Study Group
is not a workshop to teach you about the items that are covered on the
ASBO Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations (SFO®)
exam. Rather, the purpose of this session is to review the topics
covered by the exam and provide examples of exam questions that you
might encounter. Further, because this is a national certification
program and exam, there is no Wisconsin specific information. This
course is designed to be a general overview.
The format for the presentation is predominantly a power point
presentation put together by ASBO International. We will supplement
this presentation with small group discussion, large group discussion,
and practice test questions.
SFO® Certification Program initial application fees will be
waived for participants of this WASBO sponsored ASBO SFO® Study Group.
This is a $150 value for ASBO International Members and a $225 value for non ASBO International members.
To receive Viterbo Course Credit for the SFO Study Group, you will need to complete the following:
- Attend and participate at the School Finance and Operations Certification Study Group on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 in Madison
- Write a 4-6 page paper (due March 1, 2018) addressing multiple ideas on test prep gained by taking the course.
- Take and pass the SFO Certification exam.
- Submit passing grade and all paperwork to WASBO by March 1, 2018.
- Bob Avery, SFO, Director of Business Services, Hartford Union High School District
- Andy Chromy, SFO, CSRM, Director of Finance and Operations, West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Janice DeMeuse, SFO, Director of Business Services, Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District
- Marty Malloy, CPCU, ARM-P, CSRM, AIS, Account Executive and Practice Group Leader, M3 Insurance
About the SFO®
Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations (SFO®)
Developed by school business management professionals and supported by ASBO International, the Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations® (SFO®) defines the essential skills and knowledge that every effective school business professional should possess and lets employers know that you have real-world, practical expertise that can be readily applied to the current work environment. The SFO is a national certification, recognized in the United States and Canada. To learn more go to asbointl.org.
To register, sign in to the website with an existing account or Create a New Account
to the right, then register below. If you have previously exhibited or
attended a WASBO conference your User Name is your email address. If you
haven't logged in to our new site, click the Forgot My Password link to reset your password to log in.
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN REGISTERING! PLEASE CLICK THE SAVE RESPONSES BUTTON
BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS BUT BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO