Who Should Attend?
The School Personnel Academy, now in its 12th year, is a collaborative conference hosted by the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials (WASBO) and the Wisconsin Association of School Personnel Administrators (WASPA).
The conference is designed to bring together school district teams dealing with a raft of human capital issues including staff recruitment and compensation models, employee engagement, health insurance benefits and regulations, wellness programs, post-retirement benefits, and more.
Human resources directors, business managers, superintendents, school board members, and school district employees in supervisory roles will all benefit from attending the School Personnel Academy. Combine early bird discounts with reduced registration rates for multiple attendees from the same school district or organization, and save money while providing this important professional development for your team.
Session topics include:
- Keynote: First Look: What a President Trump Means for Employee Benefits
- Solving the Problems of "Exiting" Retiree Benefits
- Attorney Panel - Trends for 2017
- The Hallowed "Bermuda Triangle" of Employment Law: How to Safely Navigate the FMLA, ADA, and Workers' Comp Laws to Avoid Sinking Your School District
- Hiring WRS Annuitants: An Available Pool of Opportunity
- Scalable Onsite Health Clinics: Why Your District Is Not Too Small to Take Advantage
- Creating a Culture of Health to Support Educators Efforts to Achieve Excellence in Education
- Simple Ideas to Revolutionize the Efficiency and Perception of Your Benefit Communications... and more!
School Business Management Winter at a Glance or ASBO SFO® Study Group
Make the most of your time out of the office, and attend either the School Business Management Winter at a Glance Conference, CSRM Update Credit Course Workers' Compensation or the ASBO SFO® Study Group on December 6, immediately prior to the School Personnel Academy. These sessions are also held at the Madison Marriott West. Visit Winter at a Glance, Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Specialist Course and the ASBO SFO® Study Group for additional information and registration.
Additional Materials and Information
To register, please sign in or click the create a new account link in the area to the right. If you have previously attended a WASBO conference, your User Name is your email address. If you are unsure of your password, click the Forgot My Password link to the right to reset your password.
Be sure to click the orange Save Responses button below before you Proceed to Checkout.
Individuals registering at the Non-Member rate receive a free trial membership through 6/30/2017 if you have not previously been a member. At least one individual from your organization must be a WASBO member to take advantage of multi-attendee pricing. If the multi-attendee pricing option is selected erroneously (i.e. you are the only registrant from your organization), you agree to be billed for the difference in registration fees. Each individual will need to register separately.