Safety, Security & Wellness Award
Sponsored by M3 Insurance
The Safety, Security & Wellness Award recognizes and promotes Wisconsin school districts for their efforts in creating safe and healthy learning environments for students and staff. This program is designed to help lessen districts’ financial burdens, while at the same time acknowledging their initiative, creativity and dedication to healthy, safe and secure schools. It also provides the opportunity for districts to share their bright ideas with their peers. They’ll have access to all submissions, not just the winning ideas, so all districts can benefit from the program.
- All Wisconsin public school districts are eligible.
Nominations must be submitted by an individual employed by the Wisconsin school district in which the bright idea has been implemented.
Ideas must fall into one of the following risk management categories and focus on successful program development and implementation (i.e. signage, equipment, tools, etc.), not policy creation:
- General safety
- Building security
- Wellness programs
- Ergonomics (manual material handling, slip & fall prevention, repetitive motion)
The award appplication should include:
- An executive summary explaining the problem/challenge the district faced with a description of the solution and how it was implemented.
- An explanation of how this bright idea benefits students and staff.
- Additional exhibits to support the nomination: cost of implementation, photo of the solution, results.
- How the grant will be invested/district needs.
One $1,500 grant is awarded annually to the selected Wisconsin school district and must be used for ongoing risk management efforts within the school district. All submissions will be made available after the winning submissions are announced. The name of the winning educational institution shall be added to the plaque in the WASBO office and a letter of commendation shall be sent to the recipient’s school board by the Executive Director on behalf of the Board of Directors. Press releases will be sent to the local media.
The selection committee will include four members of the WASBO Safety & Risk Management Committee, a member of the WASBO Facilities Committee, a WASBO staff representative, and an M3 Insurance staff representative The selection committee may request additional information or seek answers to questions at their discretion. The selection committee’s decision is final.